I’m a glasses wearer, have been since I was 14. I’ve been through phases of wearing contact lenses but then I always end up going back to my glasses. No matter how much I complain about getting smudges and them slipping off my nose and how geeky they make me look… I always go back.
Here are a list of perks I’ve noticed over the years of glasses wearing:
1. Barrier between the world and your face – gives confidence and can make you feel less exposed… If that makes sense.
2. Personality – glasses give character and instant quirky-ness.
3. Pretend intelligence – trick people into thinking you’re intelligent, when actually, you just have bad eyesight.
4. Eye shields – accidentally poke yourself in the eye? Not when you wear glasses!
5. Social topic – swapping glasses with other glasses wearers and comparing eyesight quality. You can be all like “dem feels” and have a relatable conversation.
Yeah, so those are the reasons I stick to glasses over contacts on a daily basis. Plenty of cons I could mention about needing glasses but who needs negativity?