Having a cat (or two!) is way better than having a boyfriend or girlfriend. I feel so lucky to have Pebbles & Dusty in my life. I got them as rescue kittens from the RSPCA back in November 2004 (born August 2004), so they’re both 10.5 years old now. Apparently they’re from the same litter, but I’m not sure I believe that, they just look too different to me! Anyway, as I’ve been single for over 6 months now, I’ve come to realise that they are actually way better than any man I could ever ask for. Here are my reasons why:
1. They nuzzle for affection and it’s insanely cute
2. They puurrrrrrr and it sounds so dreamy ^_^
3. You can stroke them and their hair is really soft
4. You don’t need to walk them, they do that themselves
5. They’re so independent, they can be left for hours while you’re at work and they totally understand
6. You won’t mind if they invade your personal space when you want to be alone, they’re just too quiet and lovely
7. Get them high on catnip and it’s extremely entertaining
8. They won’t cause you any drama, all they want is love… and food
9. They’re nicer to cuddle in bed than another human
10. Cats are great listeners and they rarely interrupt you
11. Buying new cat collars is just as exciting as buying yourself new clothes, I like to give my cats different styles: Pebbles wears pink and Dusty wears red or black… is that too far?
12. It’s adorable when they sit and hide their feet, they look like chickens!
13. Fun Fact: cats can run 3mph faster than Usain Bolt… apparently
14. Cat/human selfies
15. They can sense when you’re upset and will always be there for you to cheer you up
16. They have simple needs: they’d rather play with a ball of yarn than an iPad any day
17. Cat trees make a great home decor item
18. Cats won’t judge you if you have messy hair, a make up free face and pyjamas on, they’ll just love you based on amount of food and affection you give them, haha
19. They get to snooze all day… jealous
20. According to the internet, it’s been scientifically proven that the more you talk to your cat, the more they will meow at you (I guess that explains a lot)
How can people not like cats? They have so much personality, Pebbles is outgoing and sweet, Dusty is introverted and grumpy (but loves me!). Ok, I’ve made my point… I love my dogs too but I’m just not the outdoorsy type. I’m the indoors-y book and internet nerd type so I guess that’s why cats make the best companions for me! Each to their own though.