Since I’ve recently been busy with plans and I’ve paid for trips to Paris & Amsterdam in a couple of weeks, along with the obscene amount of rent & bills we all have to pay, I’m incredibly poor. You know when you go to the cash machine and it says ‘insufficient funds’ when you withdraw £10… yeah that kind of poor.
Waves of panic were rushing through me when I had this realisation yesterday but I managed to calm myself down. Here’s some ideas how I’m planning on keeping myself that way:
- Budget extremely carefully
- Think back to where your money has gone and how it was totally worth it
- Become a social hermit and use your skint time to catch up with films & books etc you’ve always wanted to check out but maybe not had the time?
- Invite friends over instead (an alternative to being a hermit if you really want social time)
- Sell things you don’t use on eBay
- Clean your whole house (it’s so satisfying!)
- Create something weird for Tumblr
- Go to your parents’ house for some free food
- Have an alcohol detox
- Teach yourself a new skill (I’m attempting to teach myself some French!… and how to ride a bike)
- Jot down a bucket list
- Do some free exercise like running
- Take a load of stupid Snapchats to entertain your friends
- Make some awesome future plans to look forward to when you next have money
- Publish a blog post about being skint
Do all that and hopefully you’ll be watching the figure in your bank account slowly go up and your worries gone.